Monday, December 11, 2006

Home Life


Bidan here is my unofficial sidekick: he follows me everywhere I go, offering to carry my backpack,throw away my trash, chew my food for me, etc. We constantly play this game where we make angry faces and ask each other, "Brother, why are you looking so serious?" The first person to crack a smile or laugh gets bodyslammed, or in my case, bearhugged. I like this picture because a) I was actually able to catch the ping pong ball in flight for once, and b) because Bidan's facial expression gives the impression that his life is in mortal danger if he doesn't complete this serve. Bidan, I love you little buddy!


Om Prakesh seems to have descended from one of two ethnic backgrounds: elvish, of the North Pole variety, or Marvin the Martian. He is the most excitable child I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Om Prakesh goes wild over just about anything and everything: Power Rangers, Rey Mysterio Jr., Nepal, America, global warming, giraffes, Noam Chomsky...you get the point. At first, I thought that Om might suffer from ADD, but I quickly realized that God has seen fit to award him with an overabundance of joy. He is in love with life! It's such a great feeling to play with Om, because his spirit forces you to come alive: I'm almost 25 years old, but Om makes me believe that there is a good possibility that I am, in fact, the Green Ranger.


Sushil and I got the opportunity to bond over an afternoon spent in town getting his glasses fixed: he had a run-in with a school bus that cracked one of the lenses, and I took him into Patan to see about getting it replaced after my ankle finally healed. Sushil and I both share the same prescription, so we've now taken to sharing the glasses whenever he's at home so that I can see the Himalayan mountains when it's clear in the morning. Sushil became a Christian seven years ago and was nearly disowned by his family in the process. Soon after Sushil's conversion, his sister accepted Jesus as well, and the two began to pray that their parents would recant their Hindu culture and join them as brothers and sisters in the Lord. After six years of constant prayer and tearful visits to home, Sushil's parents received Christ this last spring and have begun to share the gospel with the rest of their small village. CWC's ministry reaches outside the walls and the Kathmandu valley, all because Sushil remained faithful in his hope for the salvation of his family.

P.S. I'm really proud of how cool this picture turned out. In light of my pride post, feel free to e-buke for bragging about my l33t B&W photography skills. Rawr.


Look, I know how to hold a baby! We've been taking care of Rita here for the last month as she awaits the finalization of her adoption by a Spanish couple. I had honestly never held a baby before until this moment, but in the last few weeks, I've become somewhat of a professional. Rita almost never cries, and is always smiling and laughing; she sticks her tongue out a lot, which is a good sign, unless that tongue waggle is followed thereafter by a cascade of baby throw-up. I haven't mustered the courage to change a diaper yet, but there's hope for the future: Rina's baby is due in mid-February, meaning that I'll plenty of opportunities to practice my poo-wiping skills in the months to come. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics and stories. Thanks for sharing these with us, Jordan. We look forward to reading your posts each day, even if there aren't daily posts, we still look forward to it. We are praying for you and Jason. Keep fighting the good fight.

Kristen said...

jordan it's funny that you mention your lack of baby changing because i constantly mock stephen for his, but you see we are going to work in an orphanage full of babies and his time is drawing near. i hope your cup of dirty diaper changing overflows.
ps. and we are praying for you.
pss. we think you should take a weekend and fly down to kolkata in the next few weeks, we'd have a crazy good time.

Anonymous said...

Aww..You're so cute, Jordan! Some of those pictures were really really cute...Hmm..changing babies diapers definitely isn't a fun job.

I actually came on here to wish you a Happy Birthday, and if I don't talk to you beforehand, have a great christmas and an even better new years :)

Sara

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY SON.We hope today is really special for you. We love you and will miss having you home to celebrate this special day. 25 years-lower car insurance rates-WOW!(When you get a car again). Have a great day and mabe Rina will give you an extra helping od dahl-bhat today!!!!

Big Love and XOs,

Mom,Dad,and Peyton