Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ursa Minor

Against my better judgment, considering the change of heart I've had regarding the whole Relevancy Movement, I've decided to release a Nepali iMix. Music is quickest insight into my heart that I can possibly give you, aside from blogs that stretch on for nine pages in Microsoft Word, so I beseech you to hear me out on this one. Want to know what it is that's burning in my ears (besides shallow compliments) as I'm wandering through the back alleys of Lagunkhel? Want to understand what it is that I'm thinking? Want to criticize the tar out of me? Here's your chance.

I'd post the sucker on iTunes, but three of the tracks aren't available and I'm too much of a perfectionist to settle, so you'll have to hunt 'em down yourself. Either way, here's what I'm listening to these days:

1. Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar - Bob Dylan
2. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
3. Warning Sign - Coldplay
4. Your Heart Is an Empty Room - Death Cab For Cutie
5. How Life Can Turn - The Appleseed Cast
6. Old Soul Song (For the New World Order) - Bright Eyes
7. The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts - Sufjan Stevens
8. A Consistent Ethic of Human Life - Derek Webb
9. The High Countries - Caedmon's Call
10. I'm Nowhere and You're Everything - Chris Thile
11. When You Thought You'd Never Stand Out - Copeland
12. Breathe Me - Sia
13. My Enemies Are Men Like Me - Derek Webb
4. The Lark Ascending or (Perhaps More Accurately, I'm Trying to Make You Sing) - David Crowder Band

3 comments:

Mindy said...

So...you're at the 1/2 way mark. What are you going to do next? :) I have only just begun...but, I'm waiting for all those who said they would be visiting to actually start visiting.

taylorius said...

while i'm glad to see a 24 second song made the list i'm a little sad to not see electric six up there. glad to get a chance to hear a bit of your life. miss yall like crazy.

*g* said...

what is the what.

read it if you have not.

but as a caveat, next you will want to move to sudan, or kenya, or some other sub-saharan african nation.